Northeast Conference XC Championship Information Page
2012 Northeast Conference
Cross Country Championships
Bryant, Central Connecticut State, Fairleigh Dickinson, Long Island, Monmouth, Mount St. Mary's, Quinnipiac, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, St. Francis (NY), Saint Francis (PA), Wagner
Bryant University Cross Country Course
Click Here for PDF
Saturday, October 27
Women's Race (8K): 11:00 am
Men's Race (8K): 12:00 pm
Women's 5K Course Map (PDF)
Men's 8K Course Map (PDF)
1. Only the first five runners from each team shall enter into the scoring.
2. First place shall score one point; second place, two points; third place, three points; etc. All runners who finish the course shall be ranked and tallied in this manner. Team scores shall be determined by totaling the points scored by the first five finishers from each team. The team with the lowest total number of points shall be declared the winner. First-place ties will not be broken.
3. Although the sixth and seventh finisher from each team do not score towards their respective team’s total, their places, if better than any of the first five finishers from any opposing team, serve to increase the opposing team’s total.
4. The eighth through tenth finishers from each team will not displace.
5. If fewer than five runners from a team finish the course, the places of all team members of that team shall be disregarded in both the team and individual scoring.
Admission is free to the NEC Cross Country Championships.
Directions To Bryant University
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917
From Route 95:
Take Route 295 to Route 7 north (Exit 8B). Bryant is one mile north on the left.
From 195 West:
Follow into Providence, RI, and take 95N to146N. Follow 146N to Lincoln, RI, and take the exit for 116S. Follow 116S to the light at the intersection of Route 7. Make a right on Route 7 (heading north). Follow 1 mile to the entrance of the College on the left.
From the Massachusetts Pike (Route 90):
Take Exit 10A to Route 146 south. Route 146 to Route 295 south. Route 295 South to Route 7 north (Exit 8B). Bryant is one mile north on the left
From Route 146:
Take Route 295 south to Route 7 north (Exit 8B). Bryant is one mile north on the left
From Route 84:
Take Route 6 east to Route 295 north. Route 295 north to Route 7 north (Exit 8B). Bryant is one mile north on the left.
From Cape Cod (Bourne Bridge):
Take Route 25 west to Route 495 north to Route 95 south to Route 295 south to Route 7 north (Exit 8B). Bryant is one mile north on the left.
Preferred Hotel Partners
2 George St.
Comfort Inn & Suites
10 Keys Way
West Warwick, RI
To receive a 15% discount at any Choice property nationwide, simply call 877-240-AWAY (2929) or visit choicehotels.com and click on "Enter Special Rate ID." The NEC’s discount code/special rate ID is 00167920.
Official Restuarant Partner of the
1386 Atwood Ave.
To receive special offers from Ruby Tuesday, sign up for the restaurant's "So Connected" program.
NEC Men's Cross Country History
NEC Men's Cross Country Championships (1998-11)
NEC Men's Cross Country Recordbook
A Brief History Of NEC Men's Cross Country
NCAA Men's Cross Country Participation
NEC Women's Cross Country History
NEC Women's Cross Country Championships (1998-11)
NEC Women's Cross Country Recordbook
A Brief History Of NEC Women's Cross Country
NCAA Women's Cross Country Participation